Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CEI Construction Services Leader
- HNTB Job Title
- Group Director - Engineering
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Construction Management
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com.
Lead our Construction Practice!!!
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a CEI Construction Services Leader in our Houston, TX office.
HNTB is looking to partner with a construction leader to expand our existing practice that provides construction management and construction engineering and inspection (CEI) services to transportation clients in Texas with a focus on the South and Central Texas area. If you are a team oriented leader who has been responsible for winning and executing construction services at an engineering/construction services firm, with a desire to work on regionally and nationally significant projects and provide superior service to your clients in a personally and professionally fulfilling work environment, then we want to talk to you!
Responsible for direction and supervision of a multiple professional or technical groups. Directs project priorities, staffing schedules, and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided the best design capabilities to meet their needs. Responsible for efficient, productive utilization of staff in providing high-quality service.
- Actively manages assigned project management activities (project scope, schedule, budget and quality management) and performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications and plan preparation.
- Implements and executes the firm’s Sophisticated Sales Approach, Sophisticated Contracting Approach and Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SSA, SCA, SDA).
- Establishes priorities and work schedules and coordinates resource needs/assignments.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including proposal generation.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision, mentoring, professional development, evaluation and termination of department staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a seller/doer with strategic vision and leadership to drive business development goals into reality a robust construction services practice.
- Developing leads, client contact, winning work, and ensuring profitability and effective cash flow of work performed.
- Build and maintain existing client relationships and develop new business.
- Ability to lead major construction management and CEI pursuits.
- Management experience on highway/bridge construction projects.
- Provide overall leadership to our existing construction services practice.
- Represent HNTB with client, public and regulatory agencies.
- Recruit, Train and develop construction services staff.
- TxDOT experience.
16 years relevant experience
4 years supervisory experience
Design-Build project experience
- Experience managing construction services for TxDOT, rail and transit agencies, airports or toll authorities and delivering transportation projects and task assignments
General Work Conditions
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.