Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Reporting Analyst
This position is responsible for supporting business analysis, utilization analysis, performance results monitoring, reports development, and analytical support within the Medical Economics and Informatics Department.
- Analyze operational, claims and performance data to identify trends, patterns, insights, and outliers within data.
- Identify trends/opportunities in unmanaged and managed populations and work with the Analytics Manager/ Executives on analyzing findings
- Drive a repeatable analytic process, and consistently deliver best-in-class reporting to multiple business stakeholders.
- Assess and analyzes internal customer requirements and needs related to healthcare quality, cost and provider performance. Provides support for reporting as needed.
- Analyzes and develops reports on specific programs to help monitor and report on program level results, savings and performance metrics to be shared with internal Program Management team.
- Reviews program level operational reporting on performance to help improve efficiency and usability of reports.
- Responsible for logic/metrics development to facilitate program level reporting for both internal and external use
- Responsible for development, maintenance and monitoring of savings methodologies for existing programs and new programs
- Contributes in identifying trends/opportunities in unmanaged and managed populations and work with the Reporting Analysts/ Analytics Manager on analyzing findings
- Responsible for ad-hoc Program/Products Requests and Trend Benders analysis
- Provide guidance, quality assurance review and support to Reporting Analysts.
- Collaborates with Reporting Analysts and Reporting Manager to improve outputs efficiency and accuracy of deliverables.
- Collaborates with MEI team members on special projects and peer review of requests.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Healthcare Informatics, Public Health Economics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Computer Science/IT, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Healthcare Industry and/or Managed Care Organizations
- Experience in analytics/informatics and report development is required
- 3+ years’ experience with analytics in data warehouse environment
- Experience using SQL for report writing and data management
- Direct experience in business intelligence applications, advanced data visualization tools and/or statistical analysis software (such as: SQL/MySQL/R, SAS, Tableau, Minitab, Matlab, Crystal Reports, Business Objects Desktop (Web based) Intelligence, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) necessary to document, track and present information related to company program/products/clients
- Knowledge of healthcare financial business cycle, healthcare quality reporting and analysis, benchmarking is required
- Knowledge of health system functions, terminology and standard ICD-10 and CPT coding systems is highly desirable
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills are highly desirable
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports that are easily translatable for client delivery
- Aptitude to effectively communicate analytical findings and conclusions to internal stakeholders and/or key business leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, effective time manager and multitasking skills are highly desirable
- Ability to manage responsibilities (with minimal supervision) and exercise initiative
- Experience using Medical Claims data (medical cost, utilization, cost benefit analysis, etc.) is required
- Experience with Pharmacy claims data and healthcare records is preferred