Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data/ETL Developer Analyst (SQL Server)
HealthHelp (www.HealthHelp.com), is the leader in the field of healthcare utilization management. We have gained this position by actively working to change out-of-date practices with a collaborative, non-denial based approach. Our methodology helps payors achieve a higher return on investment, gives providers education programs that better inform physicians, and ensures quality and safety for the patients needing treatment. HealthHelp innovative approach and strong IT capability in specialty benefits management means that staff will move healthcare forward when provided with evidence based solutions and second opinions. HealthHelp's staff is comprised of healthcare professionals who make a difference every day. HealthHelp has a desire to fill their company with talented and innovative people who want a career path filled with success and personal growth.
Our specialty benefits management services are broad and include, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Sleep Care, Pain Management and Spine and Joint Surgery. HealthHelp has two locations in Houston, one a corporate office and the second a state-of-the art contact center. HealthHelp is also proud to have another such contact center in Albany, New York. HealthHelp has a fourth office in Annapolis, Maryland where we serve the radiology community with accreditations for all equipment in the specialty and cutting edge continuing education on maintaining quality and safety standards in the radiology industry.
At HealthHelp, you’ll find a fast-paced, technically challenging work environment. We are seeking a hands-on SQL Developer who will be responsible for the design, development, loading data, implementation, and maintenance of operational & DW systems processes. The SQL Developer constructs conceptual, logical data models and develops and maintains business logic within stored procedures and ETL transformations. The Developer will work within our data team to help maintain and enhance our existing processes and create new processes as needed, will work very closely with the business owners & supervisor to implement solutions to complex operational workflows.
The right candidate should have 5+ years of strong SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 experience in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) & T-SQL Programming and 3+ years of MS Analysis Services & OLAP development experience (Data warehouse concepts, cube design, fact, dimension structure, Data Mart development, etc).
- Create, modify, document, and enhance data specifications including identifying and mapping data elements from source system files into the relational table structure; Translate requirements into technical specifications, Validate that the data meets specified requirements
- Design, develop and support operational and data warehouse systems utilizing data modeling and ETL concepts
- Work with other departments so that a single version of business terminology is maintained within the existing reporting architecture.
- Work with business owners to define and document the scope and functional and technical requirements for data and reporting needs.
- Understand and balance business requirements and user expectations.
- Ability to work independently on data load and validation tasks with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Use of deductive reasoning and analytic ability to transform data into relational data model for our products, within the organization verifying that consistent information is always delivered.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and correct data and user related system errors
- Understanding of performance tuning and database constraint concepts such as indexes, primary keys, etc
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment.
- Provide production support for operational data systems including after hour support as required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, ,information technology, business or related field required
- 5+ years of strong experience in development and administration of relational databases particularly SQL Server 2012/14/16 (T-SQL, SQL Objects, SSIS, SSRS) and strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) , stored procedures, views, partitions, T-SQL, including optimization of existing complex stored procedures & SSIS packages.
- Knowledge of relational data model and understanding of extraction, transformation, and load processes from source files and data to operational & DW systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to perform systems analysis tasks including work process flow analysis, data flow analysis, logical data modeling
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate findings, conclusions and recommendations to management. Able to respond effectively to managers, customers, peers and vendors.
- Predictive Analytics Tools (R Server, Python) experience is a big plus
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills in the English.
- Knowledge of health system function is big plus, not required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
WHAT YOU WILL GET (Benefits):
- Competitive base salary, it depends on experience and skill level
- Opportunity to work with a phenomenal database engineering team
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision – PPO and HMO Options
- 401k with company matching
- Standard PTO
- Company holidays