Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Informatics Analyst
This position is responsible for supporting business analysis, utilization analysis, performance results monitoring, reports development, and analytical support within the Medical Economics and Informatics Department.
- Extract, manage, and analyze operational, claims and performance data to identify trends, patterns, insights, and outliers within data.
- Translates transactional data into client ready deliverables using visualization tools available, such as Tableau.
- Drives a repeatable analytic process, and consistently deliver best-in-class reporting to multiple business stakeholders.
- Studies client specific data at multiple geographical and clinical levels to identify utilization and cost trends and provide recommendations and insights.
- Contributes in analyzing and developing reports on client specific utilization trends, program savings and performance to be shared with internal Client Services team.
- Provides analytical and technical support for development and QA of Client Level Dashboards and other recurrent reporting.
- Collaborates on design/development/automatization of Standard Client Reporting Package, including dashboards.
- Contributes on data deliverables & takeaways for Quarterly Business Review meetings.
- Responsible for ad-hoc Client and Markets requests for mature programs.
- Collaborates on processes to integrate new client data (claims/membership) and perform quality control tests.
- Works with MEI team members to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting outputs.
- Collaborates with Client Informatics Senior Analysts and Manager to improve outputs efficiency and accuracy of deliverables.
- Collaborate with MEI team members on special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Healthcare Informatics, Health Care Statistics, Public Health Economics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Computer Science/IT, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in the Healthcare Industry and/or Managed Care Organizations
- Experience in analytics/informatics and report development is required
- 1+ years’ experience with analytics in data warehouse environment
- Experience using SQL for report writing and data management
- Direct experience in business intelligence applications, advanced data visualization tools and/or statistical analysis software (such as: SQL/MySQL/R, SAS, Tableau, Minitab, Matlab, Crystal Reports, Business Objects Desktop (Web based) Intelligence, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) necessary to document, track and present information related to company program/products/clients
- Knowledge of healthcare financial business cycle, healthcare quality reporting and analysis, benchmarking is required
- Knowledge of health system functions, terminology and standard ICD-10 and CPT coding systems is highly desirable
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills are highly desirable
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports that are easily translatable for client delivery
- Aptitude to effectively communicate analytical findings and conclusions to internal stakeholders and/or key business leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, effective time manager and multitasking skills are highly desirable
- Ability to manage responsibilities (with minimal supervision) and exercise initiative
- Experience using Medical Claims data (medical cost, utilization, cost benefit analysis, etc.) is required
- Experience with Pharmacy claims data and healthcare records is preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Based on business needs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
HealthHelp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.