HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sepsis Coordinator (RN) - Quality
at HCA Physician Services Group
Since 1976, HCA Houston Healthcare has provided quality healthcare to the communities weserve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III NeonatalIntensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine,acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics,outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 191 bedhospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, theTomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas SportsMedicine Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is currently looking for a Sepsis Coordinator (RN) - Quality.
- Responsible for managing hospital wide andmedical staff quality review processes.
- Duties include abstracting quality data from the medical record,including but not limited to, medical staff quality indicators, surgicalcase/invasive procedure review, blood usage review, mortality review, specialtargeted studies/research and complications review in accordance with QIstandards and procedures.
- Manages themedical staff peer review process.
- Assiststhe Chief Quality Officer in review and management of hospital wide qualityinitiatives including continual survey readiness activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or otherrelevant field
- Desirable characteristics include a working knowledge of Quality Improvementprinciples and Health Information Management.
- Must possess a positive working relationship with the Medical Staff,Department Leaders, and Hospital Staff throughout the facility, and haveexcellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of working independently andautonomously. Working knowledge ofcomputer systems, EXCEL, Health Information Management, and statistics.
- Must be able to function effectively understressful conditions and be able to meet deadlines timely.
- Prefer 3-5 years' experience in methods of qualitycontrol and quality improvement in a health care setting.
- Working knowledge of sepsisdata.