HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) Direct Admit Unit
at HCA Physician Services Group
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, which offers 531 licensed beds and has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women's and Children's Center
- Responsible for assessing, planning and implementing the admission process.
- Responsible for coordinating care and collaborating with other departments to ensure positive patient outcomes and that all of the needs of the patients and significant others are met.
- Maintains competency in performing skills as outlined in the Competency Assessment checklist (as appropriate).
- Actively participates in quality improvement activities on a daily basis to promote positive patient outcomes. Identifies trends, single significant events and opportunities to improve care, as well as assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of action plans. Works collaboratively with other staff, physicians, and Charge Nurse to constantly improve the quality of care.
- Responsible for the administration of medications, knowledge of actions, indications, adverse reactions, dosage, and route. Also, must reassess patients for effectiveness of medication and document appropriately.
- Coordinates discharge planning/case management services from the Direct Admit Unit.
- Expedites diagnostic work-up. Advises on appropriate level of care. Understands EMTALA.
- Obtains handles and documents various specimens appropriately according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physician, and other healthcare providers. Practices excellent customer service at all times.
- At least one (1) year of recent/current Med/Surg experience in hospital setting.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.