HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Laboratory Technician PRN
at HCA Physician Services Group
Kingwood MedicalCenter – Kingwood, Texas
The most advancedhospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyardat Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system,Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trainedat top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communitiesof Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education andoutreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending thehealth of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
• 382 licensed beds
• 24-hour emergency room
• Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart andvascular surgery
• State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosisand treatment plans
• Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuriesand more
• Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited PrimaryStroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
• Women's Center andpediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a MedicalLaboratory Technician (MLT) PRN – Laboratory.
- Responsible for knowledge in use of alllaboratory forms, requisitions, logs and departmental charges.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of specimenrequirements, processing, handling and rejection criteria.
- Possess the ability to perform manual andautomated test procedures and is responsible for reporting laboratory resultsincluding special calculations, critical values, and quality control.
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate andmaintain laboratory instrumentation and perform minor troubleshooting.
- Complies with hospital policies and procedures,including technical, safety, infection control and disaster policies.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge andskill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational,safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adultand geriatric population.
- He/she will perform tasks as assigned by theSupervisor within his/her scope of training.
- Associates degree in medical laboratorytechnology required or equivalent in work experience
- One year experience in a clinicallaboratory
- MLT (ASCP) preferred or Registry eligible as aMedical Laboratory Technologist
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment andprocedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good manual dexterity