Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cleaner - Janitorial Services - Empleado de limpieza - GENERAL Part-Time Evening / Downtown Houston (Smith/Jefferson))
at Harvard Maintenance
- Requisition ID
Harvard Maintenance is one of the largest and fastest growing privately owned providers of high quality managed services in the United States. Our success over the last fifty years stems from Harvard's Core Values®, which puts our employees first so they in-turn deliver Service Excellence to our clients. While the majority of our industry cleans for appearance alone, we Clean for Wellness, focusing on health and safety, sustainability, and asset preservation of our client's facilities.
Basic cleaning, including cleaning of all common areas, restrooms, entrances, elevators, walkways, windows, furniture, fixtures, stairs, chairs, tables, telephones, drinking fountains, trashing, dusting polishing and other assigned items/areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all basic cleaning
- Cleaning of restrooms includes restocking toilet tissue and other dispensers, emptying trash, clean and sanitize fixtures, clean mirrors, spot clean partition doors and walls, sweep and mop tile floors, and clean toilets and urinals
- Move furniture, vacuum, reposition furniture, empty trash and replace liners
- Check all trash containers prior to moving it
- Cleaning includes dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, gum removal, dusting, picking up larger objects off the floor and spot cleaning glass
- Performs additional duties as required, including attending to flooded areas, incidental spills, and related clean-up work for trash and restroom concerns
- Restock carts and closets at the end of each shift
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience
- Strong communication skills
- Must be willing to work assigned hours: Monday to Friday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Background Check Required (All locations)
- $9.14/ hr