Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Targeted Testing Coordinator
at Harris County
- Position Description
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Program Manager with clinical guidance and direction from the Clinical Administrator, medical oversight by the Director of Disease Control and Clinical Prevention (DCCP) and general direction from the TB Program Manager, the Targeted Testing Coordinator will perform administrative and supervisory coordination of targeted testing for tuberculosis in the Harris County community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with development and implementation of strategies for the identification of high-risk communities.
- Establishes and maintains community partner relationships.
- Conducts community outreach and promotes networking in order to ensure the achievement of program objectives.
- Serves as an educator and information resource to build relationships with community partners.
- Develops, coordinates, and provides target-testing activities to high-risk groups in the community.
- Provides verbal presentations to community groups, and private providers on tuberculosis prevention.
- Provides education to the community concerning TB risk reduction and behavior modification.
- Develops educational curriculum for private providers and community partners.
- Assumes primary responsibility for statistical data collection, maintenance activities and data reports for audits and DSHS/CDC reports.
- Supervises administrative and support staff in support of program operations.
Quality Assurance (QA) / Other
- Implements QA procedures to monitor and evaluate programmatic activities and services delivered.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in counseling, health education, public health, social work, or related field; and
- One (1) year of experience working in health education, counseling or related field.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Outlook for email correspondence.
- Ability to perform data entry into Excel spreadsheets and electronic medical record software (i.e. EPIC).
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Community Health Worker (CHW) certified.
- Two (2) years of experience working in community outreach and/or public health.
- General Information
- 40 Hours per Week
- Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
- Houston (Main Office)
Additional Information - Core Competencies:
- Understands the organizational mission.
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group.
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Uses sound judgment.
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Written and verbal English competency.
- Able to read and follow directions.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to advertised closing date.