Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior P.C. Technician
at Harris County
Pay: $17.43 to $20.56/hour
$17.43 - $20.56
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2595448
Overall Job Objective
- Position Description
The Senior P.C. Technician maintains and supports the Department's information and communications systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides level 1 & 2 technical support for Help Desk requests.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots personal computer software and hardware.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots CCTV security hardware.
- Installs, configures and maintains other computer and network devices, such as copiers, printers, scanners, projectors, televisions, video conferencing equipment, and fax machines.
- Provides user training for hardware, software, and other technical services.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network problems.
- Creates and maintains user email and computer accounts.
- Maintains inventory database, conducts routine audits, and arranges for the disposal of retired equipment.
- Coordinates deployment activities and acts as the onsite lead as directed by the Technical Support Coordinator.
- Trains new PC Technicians in standard operations and procedures.
- Provides training on the use of IT software used to resolve Help Desk issues.
- Travels to and supports all department facilities as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer https://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of computer hardware and software support experience.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- A valid Texas Driver's License.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Associate Degree or higher in electronics and/or computer science.
- HDI Technical Support Professional, IT Service Management, Microsoft Technology Associate, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network.
- Experience with Windows 10 and Office 2016.
- Experience with Panasonic Video Insight and Honeywell Pro-Watch.
- General Information
- 49 San Jacinto St - Houston, Texas
- Monday through Friday
- 40 hours per week
- Commensurate with experience
- Paid biweekly based on 26 pay periods
This is not a contract position; Employment-at-Will policy applies. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.