Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harris County
- Position Description
The Project Assistant provides administrative support including, but not limited to answering telephones, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, maintaining expenditure and other records, typing, filing, copying, and handling mail & deliveries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages calendars, schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments, events, and travel arrangements.
- Provides administrative support such as preparing and editing correspondence, communications, presentations, and creating and maintain files, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Conducts research, assembles and analyzes data, and prepares reports and documents
- Records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes.
- Monitors, distributes, and responds to incoming communications.
- Answers and manages incoming calls, and handles matters of a routine nature.
- Receives and interacts with incoming visitors, external clients, and acts as the liaison with internal staff at all levels.
- Coordinates project-based work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; and
- Five (5) years of experience in administrative support or clerical work.
- Advanced education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Valid driver's license
- Basic understanding of accounting terminology.
- Well-versed command of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically on a routine basis with elected and appointed officials, contractors, vendors, user tenants.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good computer operation skills
The job is performed in a professional office environment, and is primarily a sedentary role; however, working with files is required.
No special safety precautions are required.
Requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds; bend and stand as necessary.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- General Information
- Northwest Office
- Monday - Friday / 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
This position may be funded with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds, which are subject to compliance with Section 3. Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 (24 CFR 135.5), and in accordance with those regulations, new job opportunities generated by HUD funding must be directed toward low and very-low income persons to the greatest extent feasible.
With respect to new hiring needs in connection with Section 3 covered assistance, preference and opportunities for employment shall be given to Section 3 persons in Harris County. A person seeking Section 3 preference for employment with Harris County must demonstrate that they meet the qualifications for the employment opportunities. Additionally, a person seeking employment bears the responsibility of providing evidence, when requested, that the person is eligible for the Section 3 designation. Applicants may be filtered in order of preference, per 24CFR 135. Income limits for Harris County can be found at https://csd.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/MedianFamilyIncomeLimits.aspx