Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PeopleSoft ERP Programmer
at Harris County
- Position Description
This position is responsible for providing PeopleSoft technical knowledge to deliver PeopleSoft development, interfaces, reports, workflow, unit testing, technical documentation, technical bug fixes, and deployment support. Extensions of the application may also be required. The role includes the initial implementation of PeopleSoft and once live, supporting the PeopleSoft upgrades, light enhancements, projects, and production support.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer https://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx
- Coordinates with Business Analyst / Functional SME to understand business needs and requirements.
- Assists in the analysis, design, and development of PeopleSoft deliverables based on business requirements.
- Upgrades and modifies PeopleSoft applications as per business needs.
- Assists in providing estimates and technical and functional specifications.
- Recommends new coding techniques to ensure quality and usability.
- Performs code reviews and recommend improvements.
- Identifies and troubleshoots coding issues in a timely fashion.
- Performs "what-if" analysis and provides resolution to an extensive range of complicated technical PeopleSoft issues.
- Ensures that project deliverables meet business requirements and ensure to the complete project within assigned timelines.
- Provides support in system testing and bug fixing activities.
- Provides support in all phases of SDLC.
- Identifies application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions, - Partner with Business, IT, and Vendors.
- Ensures adherence to Methodology, IT Controls, and Quality Standards.
- Works under limited direction.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited educational institution, AND 5 years of PeopleSoft (HCM and/or FSCM) programming experience in Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Package, XMLP, Excel to CI and others, AND 5 years of experience in PeopleSoft Interface development with Integration Broker, Application Engine, Component Interface,
- Overall 8 years of application development experience.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- SQR, Integration Broker, PS Query, and others.
- Highly proficient in SQL and Oracle Database.
- Highly proficiency in SDLC practice.
- Experience creating technical specifications, planning and design documents.
- Relational database design.
- Effort estimation.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skills.
- College degree in a related area of study.
- PeopleSoft v9.0 or above, preferably v9.2
- PeopleCode v8.56 and above
- Phire or other change management tool
- Mentoring Junior Developers
- General Information
- Houston, TX
- May be required to work more than forty hours during the workweek and/or weekends or on-call 24 hours a day to meet special projects or deadlines.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26 Pay Periods