Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mosquito & Vector Control Division Project Manager
at Harris County
- Position Description
Under the supervision of the Mosquito and Vector Control Division Director, the Project Manager will be responsible for facilitating project development, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating efficiency of the projects for the Mosquito & Vector Control Division (MVCD) programs surrounding mosquito and vector surveillance, control, research, and education efforts.
- Implements and monitors program scope and goals in order to ensure grant required deliverables are achieved while providing assistance in grant writing.
- Ensures adequate daily operation of the MVCD, including correspondence and communication, especially with supervisors and coordinators.
- Ensures program data is accurately and confidentially obtained, tracked and compiled as well as easy to reproduce.
- Participates in quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- Assists MVCD management team with coordination/collaboration with partners (internal and external) to establish and maintain professional networking relationships.
- Explores and pursues new and additional funding sources to enhance and extend MVCD project opportunities.
- Prepares quarterly reports and yearly impact statements on project progress and accomplishments.
- Works effectively with Harris County and the City of Houston communities to provide education including, but not limited to: schools, health centers, shelters, and subsidized senior housing according to the current researched based evidence and best practices.
- Assists with new community approaches to support and link community members with resources.
- Participates in community outreach activities to engage new partners as needed.
- Assists with updating community project documents and handouts/materials to meet the needs of MVCD target populations.
- Participates as an integral member of the administrative team to assure high quality service to community partners, program participants and coworkers.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Ensures that team's supply, equipment and material needs are met.
- Ensures that work hours are scheduled to meet the needs of MVCD and that accurate time records are kept and maintained.
- Participates in in-house committees or activities as assigned.
- Assists with goods ordered, purchased, received and used by the projects.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer https://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years of paid project management work experience.
- Intermediate proficiency skills in using Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to assist with communicating the divisional/departmental and project-related goals and objectives to peers and the Harris County Community.
- A valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and personal transportation for periodic travel.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Business Administration/Management, Healthcare Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt certification.
- Experience in the management and development of teams.
- Experience working with entomological and health related fields.
- Advanced proficiency skills in using all programs within Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to type 30-35 words per minute.
- General Information
- Houston (OST Office)
- 40 Hours per Week
- Will Be Discussed During Departmental Interview
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
- Understands the organizational mission.
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group.
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs.
- Establishes collaborative relationships and projects.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage change.
- Adept at framing issues.
- Uses sound judgment.
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Written and verbal English competency.
- Able to read and follow directions.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.