Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Test Analyst
at Harris County
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2547524
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support
Overall Job Objective
- Position Description
Under general direction, the IT Test Analyst carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer https://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx
- Performs and leads tests of software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Creates test data for applications.
- Documents and works to resolve complex problems.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Regularly provides guidance to less experienced QA analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS in computer science or a related field.
- Seven (7) years of quality assurance/testing experience.
- Experience testing web-based applications.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with MS SQL to perform backend testing using SQL queries.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience with TFS.
- Experience Reviewing Functional and Technical Requirements in order to create test cases.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be comfortable making decisions and recommending alternative approaches; identifying and resolving conflict.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills are essential.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changes and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other departments/agencies.
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds and/or move boxes and equipment as needed.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, handle, climb, walk, sit, twist and reach is needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
NOTICE:Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to CJI (Criminal Justice Information) systems or access to an area where CJI is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony.
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Class A Misdemeanor.
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor if within the previous 10 years.
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor).
- Family Violence conviction.
- Experience with Selenium.
- Experience with Performance and Load Testing.
- Experience Coordinating User Acceptance Testing with the end user.
- Experience creating QA status reports (Daily or Weekly)s.
- General Information
- Houston, TX
- 40 Hours Per Week (Monday – Friday)
- Subject to overtime and weekend hours during special projects if needed.
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.