Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Nursing
at Harris County
- Position Description
The Director of Nursing is involved in the planning, designing, organizing, conducting and evaluating educational and clinical processes related to the clinical nursing plan of the Health Services Division within the Harris County Jail System. Accountable for the strategic, operational, and quality management of Nursing Services. The Director of Nursing facilitates strategic plans, policies, and procedures into a departmental plan appropriate to the unique operational needs of correctional health care within the Harris County Sheriff's Office. The DON leads the implementation and evaluation of strategic plans and delivers reports on achieved goals. The DON is also responsible for creating and maintaining an environment that encourages excellence in patient care. Reports to the Medical Administrator and the Executive Director of Health Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains the staffing plan for nursing services within all jail facilities
- Oversees the Nursing Peer Review and Quality Improvement Teams
- Establishes procedures that ensure compliance with the NCCHC and TCJS standards
- Maintains accountability for patient safety and quality care of the nursing department
- Responsible for the management and direction of all nursing and clerical personnel
- Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the overall clinical practice and administrative activities including personnel management and peer review
- Prepares administers and supervises a written plan of nursing policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of professional services
- Implements a progressive disciplinary process as needed
- Performs other assignments and duties as required and/or necessary
- Harris County Sheriff's Office
Director of Nursing
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND APPLY
- General Information
- Need assistance with your NeoGov applicant login?
Forgot username, password, or both?
Contact NEOGOV directly at 855-524-5627