Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counselor II -Part-Time
at Harris County
- Position Description
Provides counseling services to clients.
- Conducts group counseling sessions with clients.
- Communicates key information with Community Supervision Officers.
- Tracks compliance with drug and alcohol testing.
- Participates in staffing case with supervisors, peers, and the courts.
- Maintains appropriate entries in the electronic systems.
- Operates office equipment, computers, phones, etd, necessary for the work.
- Participates in work groups as necessary.
- Provides group instruction to clients
- Contributes to and helps create a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a cooperative and amicable manner with supervisors, coworkers, and members of the public.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- Master's Degree or equivalent in a Psychological or social work field from an accredited college or university.
- Fully licensed as an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) or LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker).
- Ability to travel to various work site locations within Harris County.
- Valid Texas Class C Automobile Operator's License and insurable under the Department's automobile insurance program.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, departments and the general public.
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) or access to an area where CJIS is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony, and any Class A Misdemeanor
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor, if within the previous 10 years
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
- Family Violence conviction
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- General Information
HOURS: 10-20-Hours per Week / 4:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
SALARY: Commensurate With Experience.
Based on 26 Pay Periods.
This is not a contract position. Employment at will policy applies. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.