Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Children's Program Librarian
at Harris County
- Position Description
Harris County Public Library-Kingwood Branch, Northeast Harris County
This position is responsible for identifying and interpreting user needs; planning and implementing a variety of children's programs to encourage library usage and to foster community relations; providing exceptional customer service, reference, and readers' advisory; assisting Library patrons in the use of library services, facilities, and equipment; and exemplifying the high standards and expectations for the library system in its daily operations and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, and promotes children's services and programs, including reading programs and other special events
- Identifies information needs in the community and plans and provides services to meet those needs
- Provides reader's advisory and reference services
- Develops a highly-visible public relations program for children's services in the community
- Develops an engaging and attractive children's library collection through awareness of current children's literature
- Attends staff meetings, activities, and/or professional conferences, and actively serves on committees
- Implements knowledge of current trends in children's services and programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Master's Degree in Library Science
- A minimum of one (1) year of Customer Service experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working directly with children
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and foster teamwork in a diverse environment
- Ability to work well with public and staff members
- Proficient with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Proficient in usage of the Internet and Office 365
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some duties would require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and bending & standing for periods at a time.
This job typically operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times, work can be performed in an outdoor environment and possible exposure to inclement weather or various temperature changes. There could be exposure to dangerous or aggressive/adverse populations.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- General Information
- 4400 Bens View Ln – Kingwood, TX 77339
- Full-Time, 40 Hours per Week
- Shifts subject to Day, Evening, Nights, Weekends, etc.
- Paid Biweekly
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and drug screen.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.