Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harris County
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1925677
Overall Job Objective
- Position Description
- Under general supervision, performs maintenance and repairs to county owned vehicles and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Performs engine repairs.
- Performs air conditioning repairs.
- Performs electronic diagnosis including starting and charging systems, service engine lights, ABS systems, etc.
- Performs differential overhauls.
- Installs and repairs emergency equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; and
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time paid experience in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Two (2) years of Technical / Vocational school or courses; and
- A minimum of three (3) years of full-time paid experience in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of current vehicle repair and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in a thorough, neat, and timely manner.
- Must maintain a neat appearance, be cooperative, on time, and handle work assignments with minimum supervision.
- Must maintain a helpful, courteous behavior at all times, and be able to effectively communicate.
- Must be a self-starter possessing the interpersonal skills required to be a productive team player.
- Ability to work more than forty hours during the workweek and/or weekends.
- Must have the necessary tools to perform job duties.
- Must be able to pass security check and drug test as required.
- Valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and a good driving record.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Duties may require standing, sitting, working, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting, and stretching.
- Ability to work in a shop environment with reasonable climate control but may be required to work with no air conditioning or heating.
- May work in cramped and awkward positions using all types of mechanical tools and other equipment.
- May be exposed to dust, dirt, fumes, etc.
- May be asked to work outdoors in elements such as hot, cold and rain.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required experience, education and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration. Experience obtained while on the military must also be included as part of your employment history on the application.
- Automobile dealership experience.
- General Information
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Includes Weekends and 24 Hours on Call As Needed
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
- 2505 Texas Ave., Houston TX
This position is Safety Sensitive and subject to random drug and alcohol screening
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.