Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Branch Manager - Youth Program Librarian
at Harris County
- Position Description
Harris County Public Library-Aldine Branch, North Harris County
The Assistant Branch Manager-Youth Program Librarian works under the general direction of the Branch Manager and is responsible for library services that include, but are not limited to, reference assistance, readers advisory, programming, and collection development. The incumbent assists in supervising the daily operation of the library, interprets, implements library policies and procedures for library customers and staff. Interviews, hires, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates assigned staff. This position also services as a Youth Program Librarian.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cultivates cooperative relationships with external stakeholders and actively participates in outreach to the community.
• Organizes library programming and displays for youth services and the branch.
• Provides direct supervision and management of the assigned staff, and establishes goals and priorities.
• Supervises the library in the absence of the Branch Manager.
• Identifies needs of the community, presents recommendations to the Branch Manager., and assists with action plan(s).
• Implements knowledge of current library trends in services and programs.
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of the library collection.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Masters degree in Library Science.
• One (1) year of Librarian experience.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and foster teamwork in a diverse environment.
• Ability to work well with the public and staff members.
• Proficient with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
• Proficient with the Internet and Office 365.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some duties would require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and bending & standing for periods at a time.
This job typically operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. At times, work can be performed in an outdoor environment and possible exposure to inclement weather or various temperature changes. There could be exposure to dangerous or aggressive/adverse populations. Employment is contingent on passing a background check and drug screen.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- General Information
11331 Airline Dr., Houston, TX 77037
Full-Time; 40 hours a week.
Typical shifts are Day, Evening, Nights, Weekends, etc.
$25.22 Per Hour.
Based on 26 Pay Periods.Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and drug screen.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.