Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adult Program Specialist
at Harris County
- Position Description
Harris County Public Library – Clear Lake City-County Freeman Branch Library, Southeast Harris County
This position is responsible for developing programs for an adult audience; providing customer service, reader's advisory, and basic reference service; and exemplifying the high standards and expectations for the library system in its daily operations and services.
Detailed Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides customer service, reader's advisory, and basic reference service
- Promotes library services to adults and the community
- Collaborates with the branch team to develop, implement, and market programs in the library and community
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with local/community organizations
- Develop an engaging and attractive library collection
- Attends staff meetings, activities, and/or professional conferences, and actively serve on committees
- Performs other duties as assigned
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's Degree in General Studies and
- One (1) year of library experience
- Associates Degree in General Studies and
- Three (3) years of library experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and
- Five (5) years of library experience
- One (1) year of Customer Service experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and foster teamwork in a diverse environment
- Ability to work well with the public and staff members
- Proficient with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Proficient with the Internet and Office 365
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some duties would require the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and bending & standing for periods at a time.
This job typically operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times, work can be performed in an outdoor environment and possible exposure to inclement weather or various temperature changes. There could be exposure to dangerous or aggressive/adverse populations.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- General Information
- Clear Lake City-County Freeman Branch Library
- 16616 Diana Lane – Houston, TX 77062
- Part-Time; 20 hours a week
- Shifts subject to Day, Evening, Nights, Weekends, etc.
- Paid biweekly
Employment is contingent on passing a background check and drug screen.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.