Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Optimization Specialist II
at Gyrodata Incorporated
Job Function / Purpose
- Provide applications engineering technical support to Drilling Services to assist in analyzing, recommending, and monitoring efficient and effective drilling services operations for Gyrodata, Inc.’s Districts, including personnel, operations, customer relations, sales, and technical requirements while maintaining strict compliance with Gyrodata, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Serves as a technical advisor for drilling services products and services, including bottom hole assembly (BHA) design, wellbore design (well planning), survey management, and KPI analysis.
- Proficient in pre-job planning, monitoring operations and running end of job reports.
- Proficient in assembling technical data to submit to Marketing for performance reporting.
- Proficient in following all procedures and guidelines for the Optimization Team, as well as attending meeting with other Gyrodata, Inc. departments to optimize efficiency and reliability in drilling services.
- Competent of drilling engineering planning, industry challenges (Deep Water, HPHT, Mature Fields Unconventional plays), geographic needs and requirements.
- Verifies from pre-job planning, all the maintenance and tool verification work, this requires the ability to work with Engineering and R&M teams to ensure tools available and fit for purpose for an upcoming operation.
- Verifies from pre-job planning and proposals the desired BHA design, selected hydraulics modeling, torque and drag analysis, and anti-collision plans.
- Proficient in analyzing real-time Torque and Drag, Anti-Collision and Separation Factoring, utilizing modeling, finite element analysis, well-plan interpretation, and MicroGuide.
- Proficient in developing the road maps for drilling and optimization of the well objectives.
- Proficient with interpretation of well plans, able to create daily reports and end of well reports for Optimization Team Lead and Customer.
- Proficient in collecting real-time drilling data such as SPP, torque, RPM, hydraulics, WOB, block height, LWD data, and others as requested.
- Collects logs and data from field personnel and format as appropriate for delivery to client; communicate with client as necessary to address questions or concerns.
- Communicate with both ROC Lead and Operations personnel regarding any changes to products, services or techniques, and provides the field operations personnel with data analysis in to assist drilling decision making
- Proficient to report modeling results to Gyrodata management, coordinators, and customers when required
- Prepare any necessary failure or incident reports and collaborate with Gyrodata, Inc. personnel to investigate and resolve any such failures; communicate with client to address any questions or concerns and meet client expectations
- Represent Gyrodata, Inc. in a positive and professional manner and maintain excellent customer service, including communication with clients during all phases of a job including, job monitoring and post-job delivery of data and surveys
- To ensure all pre-planning operations are complete to meet the clients HSE requests.
- Assigned to all morning meeting and client events. Works with larger operations group to ensure persons are competent and HSE certified to perform operations with client.
- Comply with applicable safety standards and maintain a safe working environment
- Should maintain a compliance in Rig Pass and support activities at location if required
- To ensure all operations are completed to the clients’ expectations and requests.
- Assigned to all morning meeting and client events to relay SQ improvements and/or investigations.
- Works with larger SQ group to ensure proper SQ incident investigations are completed.
- Comply with applicable quality assurance standards
- Works with SQMS, GDMS and other Quality systems
- Serves on SQMS review team
- >8 years Industry experience in either DD or Surveying Specialists
- Bachelor degree, or Regional Vice President approval for any High School Diploma or GED with >5 years industry experience
- Strong computer and networking skills
- Strong written, spoken and reading English communication skills
- Competent in interpersonal skills, client relations and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve with limited supervision
- Ability to use a computer for accessing and sending e-mail, opening and revising documents, accessing internet and web-based Gyrodata, Inc. systems, including SharePoint, Agresso, and ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using RigView
- Experience using MWD Multi-Station Analysis systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM Field from an accredited 4 year college or university
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Gyrodata, Inc. Surveying Specialist
- The job is performed primarily in an office environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards, although there may be exposure to elements and hazards inherent to routine travel. The job requires some physical exertion, including sitting, standing, walking, occasional light lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling. The job requires operation of standard office equipment, including computers and telephones. The job requires following written and oral instructions, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to work with others, ability to meet deadlines, compliance with specific safety protocols and regular attendance. The job requires following and enforcing established policies procedures and meeting quality and safety standards. The job requires attention to emergency and time sensitive tasks, which may include working irregular and prolonged hours. The job requires making decisions based on experience and knowledge without supervision, as well as supervising, directing and training others. The job requires setting goals and responsibility for results.