Gulf Interstate Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ENTRY LEVEL INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER
at Gulf Interstate Engineering
Position Title: Associate Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Gulf Interstate Engineering serves the worldwide pipeline industry providing project management, engineering and design, GIS, procurement and construction management services for hydrocarbon transportation systems - from the wellhead to the export terminal and the burner tip.
Entry level Instrumentation Engineering position.
- Assist in the preparation of requisitions for inquiry and purchase of equipment, and materials.
- Prepares technical bid evaluations for equipment, materials, bulk material and subcontracts in cooperation with the Procurement Department.
- Observes factory acceptance testing of equipment in cooperation with the Lead Engineer.
- Performs engineering calculations and analysis as required by discipline.
- Review vendor drawings.
- Reviews Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Assist in the preparation of Network Architecture, Instrument Index, I/O List and layouts as required by the discipline.
- Accepts both short and extended term assignments to the site, client’s office, etc. as may be requested by the Chief Instrumentation Engineer.
- 0 - 3 years of proven engineering experience in oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of computer systems in an engineering environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- EIT Certification preferred
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- Impact and influence
- Business and people acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with Multi-Disciplined Team, and Managers
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects at once
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.