Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
The Sales Engineer is a technical expert responsible for specifying SolmaxGSE's Value Added Products (VAP) product range in the America continent. This position is in charge of the technical communications required to make sure the product offered meets the customer’s expectation and must work on technical recommendations when required. The Sales Engineer must influence the product specifications for projects in pre-feasibility, feasibility and design stages, as well as manage the long term project pipeline (6 months to 3 years).
The Sales Engineer gives technical presentations to SolmaxGSE’s customers, engineers and operators, and promotes the sale of SolmaxGSE’s VAP. Supports sales strategies of new products and must always be on the lookout for new ideas to improve the specifications of our existing products or to develop new ones that will be developed by the technical department and commercialized by our sales department.
Finally, organizes and takes part in conferences and writes technical articles that will be published to increase Solmax’s exposure in the industry.
- Assist the sales department in the sale of specific products.
- Meet the customers to identify their specific needs.
- Develop and manage the long term project pipeline
- Manage key strategic accounts
- Perform technical presentations.
- Participate in trade shows
- Promote SolmaxGSE’s technicalities through conferences.
- Write technical articles for publishing.
- Collect and organise technical information for any present or future use.
- Ensure SolmaxGSE’ growth.
- Increase profits on sales.
- Increase the company’s exposure.
- Increase the technical expertise of the company.
- Participate or lead the development of new products/services/systems
- Increase our contact network of customers and engineers.
- Develop an efficient organisation in terms of technical sales.
VAP Volume and Net Spread
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Geotechnical or Mining Engineering.
- Minimum 10 year experience in Civil, Geotechnical or Mining Engineering.
- Technical sales.
- Knowledge of geosynthetics applications.
- Experience in project design (asset).
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Interest in communicating, specifying and selling
- Ability to integrate and apply technical knowledge.
- Other languages (French, Spanish) are an asset.
- Ability to speak in public and give presentations.
- Great skills in writing.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Must be available for travel (maximum 40% of his time).