Group 1 Automotive, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Manager - Business Support Center
at Group 1 Automotive, inc.
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
We are looking to add a qualified Payroll Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for overseeing all US operations and multi-state processing from a centralized location for approximately 10,000 employees. Group 1 Automotive, a Fortune 500 automotive retailer and a leading operator in the $1 trillion automotive retailing industry. Group 1 currently owns over 125 automotive dealerships with over 144 franchises, and over 31 different brands, and 24 collision service centers located in fifteen states and the United Kingdom and Brazil.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Managing the employee additions and deletions
- Payroll processing of all earnings and deductions
- Posting of General Ledger detail
- Monitoring of all local state and federal taxation requirements
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures to increase department efficiencies
- Regularly audits payroll-related activities to maintain necessary compliance
- Effectively research and resolve payroll questions/issues
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Managed multi-state payroll processing
- Experience with managing Payroll Processing Department
- Multi-State and Federal Payroll Law knowledge
- Payroll Tax processing and regulation experience
- Prior payroll experience with large employee processing of 7,500 or larger employee count
- Automobile Payroll experience a plus
- Position will be based at our Business Support Center in Houston, Texas.
- Candidate must have limited overtime flexibility.
*All applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for employment*
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.