Greene Tweed & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Greene Tweed & Co.
At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
We are currently searching for a Quality Engineer to support our Houston, TX manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Process Engineering/ Quality Inspection and Manufacturing Operations to identify root cause of system/process failures and implement long term, sustainable corrective actions within assigned production department.
- Proactively assess the processes and systems of the Manufacturing environment to identify potential failure modes and implement robust mitigations.
- Regularly facilitate and coordinate the evaluation of QDS data to provide meaningful metrics to the operations team and identify key areas of improvement using data from manufacturing.
- Coordinate with Applications and Process Engineering to assess the measuring capability of proposed designs and facilitate customer driven measurement inspection programs.
- Ensure Quality is built into all new product developments and ensure transfer into incremental and harvest product is sustainable through the support of appropriate controls and processes.
- Responsible for facilitating Quality Plans and Manufacturing Process Control Documents (MPCD).
- Ensure that Engineering/Manufacturing specifications are reviewed for compliance and appropriate judgments recorded.
- Guide cross functional teams in the implementation of continuous improvement activities, reducing waste and non-value added activities by utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Facilitate action plans from Daily Metric Tier Meetings to achieve SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost) commitments.
- Ideal candidate will have 2+ Years of Quality Engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing industry;
- Previous experience leading continuous improvement projects strongly desired;
- Strong analytical skills required; Preference given to candidates who have previous experience using statistical software packages (e.g Minitab);
- Working knowledge of advanced measurement systems (Keyence, CMM, OGP) a plus;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to confidently present data to customers required;
- Selected candidate must possess strong team player/leadership skills, including demonstrated personal initiative, the ability to lead through influence at all levels and self motivation;
- Strong time management skills required, including the ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects;
- A proven commitment to continuous improvement.
- BS degree, Engineering discipline, required
- Preference given to candidates with Lean Six Sigma certifications, CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) and/or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) designations
Note: This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Supervisor. All requirements are subject to change and updates.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, tuition assistance and more, to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members.
Greene, Tweed, a Federal Contractor, is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
NOTE: Greene, Tweed is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities, unless they have a written agreement for the position they are contacting us about. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GT without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Greene, Tweed, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Greene, Tweed as a result of the referral or through other means.