Greene Tweed & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Greene Tweed & Co.
At Greene, Tweed, you'll find the cutting-edge technology, world-class polymer expertise and endless advancement opportunities you'd expect from a multi-national industry leader. You'll find them all in an environment that embraces diversity in people and opinions, moves decision making to the point of impact, and celebrates your success.
If you enjoy continuous learning and are excited about working with and creating technological solutions, explore career opportunities with Greene, Tweed.
We are currently searching for a Manufacturing Engineer to support our Houston, TX manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the integration of new product commercialization efforts into manufacturing value stream
- Lead process improvement efforts to increase capacity, reduce cost and improve manufacturing capability within the value stream
- Develop successful incremental or development prototypes for customer/Company evaluation
- Lead process improvement efforts to increase safety, capacity, improve manufacturing capability, reliability and quality and/or reduce cost, minimize scrap and improve OTD
- Cross functional collaboration with product designers, material technologists and manufacturing personnel to troubleshoot and sustain processes and product integrity
- Procure, implement and validate equipment & tooling
- Minimum 5 years of process/manufacturing engineering experience with demonstrated results reducing scrap and quality issues, while improving process capabilities and on time delivery metrics required
- Experience/knowledge of Machining-CNC, Lathes, Mills
- The ability to manage multiple projects, while resolving schedule, budget and resource conflicts required
- Previous experience with statistical analysis software (Minitab, Quantum Excel, etc.) and risk management tools (PFMEA) desired
- Selected candidate should demonstrate a personal affinity for continuous improvement and the ability to identify and pursue new processing methods, tools and techniques
- BS degree, Engineering discipline, required;
- Lean Six Sigma certification(s) a plus
Note: This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the Supervisor. All requirements are subject to change and updates.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, tuition assistance and more, to meet the diverse needs of all employees and their family members.
Greene, Tweed, a Federal Contractor, is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
NOTE: Greene, Tweed is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities, unless they have a written agreement for the position they are contacting us about. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at GT without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Greene, Tweed, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Greene, Tweed as a result of the referral or through other means.