Graybar Electric Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Manager Customer Service
at Graybar Electric Company
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Assists the Branch Manager in managing all resources within the branch and overseeing the execution of Company policies and procedures in two or more locations; directs all administrative, customer service, and logistics activities to help the Company achieve its financial and service goals.
- Supervise customer service, administrative, warehouse and transportation functions and related employees to maintain established service standards; monitor and measure activities to verify timeliness and accuracy of service.
- Serve as member of the Branch Steering Committee to facilitate resolution of service and other operational issues and help ensure that the objectives of the branch are being met; communicate with sales management and customers to identify customer service requirements.
- Staff all branch service and administrative positions, and monitor performance against goals; ensure branch employees are trained in Company procedures, systems, and applications; oversee daily warehouse cycle counts and all quarterly and annual inventory closing work.
- Set branch schedules and establish specific procedures to meet local service requirements; resolve local service failures and take necessary action to prevent recurrences; call or visit customers to ensure service expecations are being met; host customer tours of branch when apporopriate.
- Assist Branch Manager in managing the profitability, expenses, and assets of the branch.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum of 5 years experience required: Senior-level management position for individual with substantial operations experience
High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements
Four-year degree preferred: Or equivalent business or operations experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution industry and supply chain management principles
- Knowledge of the Company's Operations, Financial and Human Resources policies, procedures and processes
- Knowledge of the Company's products and service offerings
- Knowledge of the Company's internal and external quality goals and standards
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of SAP
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and achieve results through others
- Ability to effectively train and instruct in both group setting and one-on-one
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve short and long-term goals of Branch
- Ability to effectively present Company services and quality standards to customers
- Ability to handle customer complaints and mediate customer disputes
- Ability to motivate and influence others
Traditional office environment. Some travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) - http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf