Goodman Networks, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tower Hand I - Houston, TX - $1500 Sign on Bonus (MODS)
at Goodman Networks, inc
Goodman Networks offers a complete family of solutions to wireless carriers, OEMs, backhaul service providers, and enterprise customers. Additionally, our Field Services division is a valued partner of DIRECTV delivering high quality service installations, maintenance, and upgrades for residential and commercial customers. Solutions and services offered by Goodman Networks help these entities implement new technologies faster, enhance network performance, and improve business results.
Tower Hands support allaspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmissionlines. Tower Hands Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuringquality construction fromthe foundation to erection of lattice towers, monopoles, and guyed towers.
- May perform installs on radios, antennas, and associated RFequipment
- Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweepgear.
- Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to avariety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
- Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connectortraining.
- Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
- Climbing communicationsstructures, to include: guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops;grain silos; etc.
- Performing audits: safety;defect and quality.
- Ability to follow daily instructions.
- Ability to run jumpers as needed tocomplete ongoing scopes of work.
- Fill out required paperwork andprintouts.
- Appliesjob skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Typically requires 6 months plus years ofexperience
- Valid state-issued driver's license isrequired
- MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - canbe via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
Recommended Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Competent climber
- Competent rigger
- Knowledge of standard knots
- Trained in controlled descent
- Trained in use of aerial lifts
- Trained in procedures on a workingplatform
- Trained in procedures on a cablebridge/ice bridge
- Familiarity with UMTS and 4G
- Requires working knowledgeof Microwave equipment.
- Use of hand tools to mount equipment,run and connect cables, and secure climbers.
- Knowledge of basicelectricity, grounding, and power safety.
- Experience in completing full groundinginstallations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal
- Ability to Install fiber and coaxialcable on towers, rooftop - any structure
- General understanding how to fibertest - Fiber Scope and Power Test
- Troubleshoot and fix on connectors andAntenna system.
- Ability to work closely with others
- Team Player
- Travel as required, typically within adesignated region
Certificates, Licenses, Registrationand Requirements:
- Rescue certificationis preferred
- Anritsu and/or OSHAcertification a plus
- CPRand First Aid certification preferred
- Must be able to climb and descend all types of tower and rooftop structures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel as needed