Goodman Networks, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DAS Field Service Technician III - Houston, TX)
at Goodman Networks, inc
Goodman Networks offers a complete family of solutions to wireless carriers, OEMs, backhaul service providers, and enterprise customers. Additionally, our Field Services division is a valued partner of DIRECTV delivering high quality service installations, maintenance, and upgrades for residential and commercial customers. Solutions and services offered by Goodman Networks help these entities implement new technologies faster, enhance network performance, and improve business results.
The DAS Field ServiceTechnician III will perform site walks, RF surveys, benchmarking and datacollection using prescribed tools for the deployment of in-building distributedantenna systems (DAS) and Small Cell sites and hardware systems. The technician will also supportpost-deployment activities including DAS integration, commissioning, acceptancetesting, troubleshooting and repair.
- Provide on-site technicalexpertise during integration, commissioning, testing and optimizing ofdistributed antenna systems (DAS) and small cells.
- Serve as the keytechnical subject-matter expert within a region and/or program for complexin-building solutions for customers; be the liaison between Sales and thecustomer on technical matters; respond to technical inquiries and maketechnical recommendations as appropriate.
- Work with thecustomer's technical subject-matter experts, carriers, sub-contractors,solution engineers design engineers and field technicians to deploy andoperationalize distributed antenna systems (DAS) and/or small cells.
- Lead and perform pre-and post-deployment survey activities for new DAS and small cell deploymentsutilizing specialized software and tools.
- Lead and perform pre-and post-deployment RF data collection and analysis efforts to help define andimprove coverage requirements.
- Lead and perform integrationand commissioning during system deployments and field trials.
- Work with designengineers and other stakeholders to identify and correct system issues thatsurface during deployment and acceptance testing. Make technical recommendations to optimizeand correct deficiencies.
- Documentinstallations in accordance with internal and external standards andrequirements, including hardware and software changes made in the field.
- Review customerdeliverables, identify risks and plans to mitigate risks.
- Review and approvecloseout packages.
- Perform pre-deploymentdata collection, benchmarking and continuous wave (CW) testing
- Turn-up and testDAS and Small Cell systems in accordance with customer and equipmentmanufacturer's specifications
- Supportintegration and commissioning of equipment during deployments in accordancewith system design and customer / carrier requirements
- Performpost-deployment data collection and acceptance testing to ensure requirements weremet for coverage and capacity
- Troubleshoot andrepair DAS and Small Cell systems as required
- Prepare and submitrequired project documentation
Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply by emailing your resume TalentAcquisition@goodmannetworks.com
- Working knowledgeof various wireless technologies, (e.g. CDMA, EVDO, GSM, W-CDMA, LTE and Wi-Fi)
- Strong workingknowledge of RF test equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, JDSU, Anritsu,Solutellia, etc.)
- Strong workingknowledge of structured cabling (e.g. CATx etc.)
- Working knowledgeof First Responder DAS systems
- Ability to readand interpret technical and architectural drawings
- Ability to readand interpret RF designs (e.g. iBwave)
- Must bemechanically inclined and able to use both hand and power tools to performassigned tasks
- Proficient inbasic electronic and RF theory, and antenna types and uses
- Proficient ininstallation, termination, and testing of fiber systems and low voltage cablingsystems
- Excellent computerskills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong focus oncontinuous process improvement; ability to develop and improve processes.
- Ability to buildand maintain productive internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to defendtechnical recommendations.
- A high degree ofaccuracy and attention to detail
- Strong timemanagement and self-organization skills
- Ability tocommunicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally
- Ability toactively listen and ask effective questions to accomplish tasks proficiently
- Ability to performfield work at indoor/outdoor venues
- Ability to travelfrequently (80% )
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in thetelecommunications industry
- DAS OEMcertification desired (e.g. SOLiD, Commscope, ADRF, Zinwave, Nextivity etc.)
- DAS Test Equipmentcertification desired (e.g. Solutellia, JDSU, PIM, Anritsu etc.)
- Cable Vendorcertifications preferred (e.g. Andrew, RFS Cablewave, CommScope, Trilogy)
- Maintain a validdriver license with a driving record that does not exceed company guidelines topermit insurability under company insurance policy. Goodman Networks willconduct an Annual Driver Review consisting of a Driver's Motor Vehicle Record(MVR), accident(s), and Driver Safety infraction(s).
- OSHA certificationpreferred
- Frequent standing,walking, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
- Musthave the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time when working atcustomer sites and venues.
- Occasional liftingand carrying of up to 50lbs.
- Vision requireseyesight sufficiently strong enough to permit extended close work and normalcolor perception.
- Hearingand speaking in order to exchange information.
- Frequenttravel including overnight stays or longer as required.
- Willingto work days/nights/weekends depending on project demands.
- Working conditionsvary based on the customer site.
- Work may takeplace in new or old construction.
- Exposureto indoor and outdoor conditions with moderate to high noise levels.
- Exposureto mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Work must complywith customer and/or company safety practices and OSHA requirements.