Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tool & Die Maker
at Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Tool & Die Maker
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Tool & Die Maker position. Service and repair steel stamping dies, including preventative maintenance programs in support of a high volume fabrication environment. Support fabrication team with set up and emergency repair in support of production requirements. Journeymen or formal apprenticeship program preferred. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by applying and submitting your resume at http://careers.daikincomfort.com/
- Repairs or modifies stamping dies, including progressive dies and uses standard conventional machine tools
- Assist fabrication department to set up, diagnose, or repairs dies in fabrication area or heavy press
- Builds or modify assembly fixtures or assembly assist tools
- Builds detail components per detail blue print or duplicates existing details
- Must be skilled in building, troubleshooting, repairing, and preventive maintenance.
- Must have good working knowledge of sheetmetal type, draw, progressive, transfer, piercing, forming dies, and high speed fin stamping dies for aluminum with little or no supervision
- Must be capable of studying specifications such as blueprints, sketches, sample parts or models
- Compute plan dimensions and perform machining of components using drill press, milling machine, lathe, grinder, saw, and other machines
- Must be able to examine defective parts to determine cause of defect and repair or maintenance of injection molds.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/mananger
- Must be able to use measuring equipment (to include tape measure, micrometer etc.) for verification of parts to specification
- Must be able to design, layout, fabricate, and assemble tools, jigs, and fixtures for a variety of parts
- GED or High School Diploma. Completion of formal DOL approved Tool & Die Aprrenticeship Program is preferred
- 6-8 years experience of Tool & Die work experience in high volume sheet metal fabrication shop is required
- Must be 18 years old
- Must be legal to work in US
- Must successfully pass background check and drug test
- Must have satisfactory job references
- Must have good attendance record
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.