Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Technician Engineering position. This position will support the Engineering department and production by creating and maintaining product specifications, bills of material, product change notifications and deviations. Responsible for developing and resolving technical problems in production, engineering, facilities and maintenance as it pertains to operational issues. Assist and support the operation of all equipment and processes within the facility, which includes facilities equipment, production equipment or engineering development / installation / repair of all equipment for production, facilities and maintenance of the plant. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position and submit your resume at http://careers.daikincomfort.com.
- Write and maintain engineering specifications, bills of material, product and engineering change notifications, and deviations through coordination with other engineering staff
- Create or update engineering electronic drawing files and engineering specifications using CAD software.
- Work with Engineers to set up and/or perform tests, build prototypes, collect variable data
- Prepare samples and coordinate testing with regulatory agencies.
- Provide support as needed or assigned by the Engineering team.
- Support production to resolve equipment, process and technical issues to maintain process in optimal state
- Provide diagnostic leadership to the team and floor support to the operations area for production issues
- Develop methods used in the prevention, control or remediation of equipment issues, and safety hazards
- Gather data and maintain information for issues creating downtime on the assigned process area; creating a priority of actions for irreversible corrective actions
- Set-up production equipment, changeovers, and improve equipment up-times to model changeovers
- Document PM plans and execution to plan; maintain effectiveness and critical evaluation of PM Plans
- Develop solutions to engineering task that are creative and focused to reduce cost and improve the process
- Document process changes and improvements to more efficiently run the assigned area
- Provide daily support to assigned area for repairs, installations and regular on-going maintenance / operational excellence
- Maintain equipment documentation up to date and accurate for the area
- Support development of new processes, equipment and procedures to improve the cycle time, quality and assembly performance
- Support the design, fabrication and maintenance of assembly tooling, fixtures and hardware for production area
- Define critical spare parts based on the experiences seen in production vs the existing key spare parts identified (every quarter)
- Inspect equipment and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement; and areas for future product enhancements
- Carries out scheduled maintenance examinations and fixes, cleans and align diverse systems to guarantee appropriate system operations
- Able to design system improvements based on continuous improvements from issues observed; also capable to properly document the changes with CAD/Prints and schematics
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prefer degree in Mechanical / Electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5 + years of experience in production support, maintenance or facilities (electrical, mechanical technician or controls focus)
- Proficiency in CAD (Solid Works, Solid Edge, AutoCAD)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written is required
- Be familiar with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to work flexible and demanding schedules
- Good people skills
- Mechanical aptitude and experience in assembly, fabrication or maintenance.
- Good analytical ability and ability to follow-up require
- Strong knowledge and discipline to maintain a safe work environment and be focused on safety as a critical element in all aspects
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities. *MSTUS