Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Electronic Control Engineer
at Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Business Support Functions
- Bachelor's Degree
Sr. Electronic Control Engineer
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Sr. Electronic Control Engineer located in Houston , TX. The Sr. Control Hardware Engineer is responsible for the development, design specification, the troubleshooting & root cause analysis, and the production implementation of all Electronic Control Components including Control Boards, Variable Speed Motors, Advanced Thermostats, heat pump controls, indoor air handlers & furnaces controls in both communicating and non-communicating products. The Engineer must be a hand-on practical engineer with the ability to solve complex Control Hardware Problems quickly and effectively. He/she will work deeply with Experts in Goodman, Daikin, Suppliers, and other collaborated Organizations to gather the necessary information, tools, and design know-how. There are 3 different levels: Principal Engineer is the Subject Matter Expert; Senior Engineer, and Engineer. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com.
• Design and install manufacturing process control systems and automation.
• Troubleshoot and program various PLC, HMI, VFD and servo programs for several different applications.
• Diagnose issues with plant Ethernet, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT and DeviceNet communication networks.
• Provide effective controls support to resolve manufacturing equipment failures, faults and runtime issues in a timely manner to minimize downtime and lost production.
• Identify root causes of equipment issues and develop solutions to eliminate reoccurrence.
• Install and support the interface of manufacturing equipment to the plant network for recipe control and data collection.
• Update and design electrical drawings and schematics.
• Implement and update various external devices connected to systems such as label printers and scanners.
• Identify and implement process improvements to increase the operational efficiency of manufacturing equipment.
• Document program changes and improvements for lessons learned and group communication.
• Interface well with other teams to perform root cause analysis and develop solutions to production problems.
• Coordinate with production engineering and maintenance teams to lead equipment repairs and projects.
• Prepare technical reports and presentations.
• Analyze problems in a high pressure production atmosphere.
• Adapt well to changing responsibilities and work environment.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, MSEE is a plus
- 5 years minimum experience in Electronic Control Hardware
- Solid fundamental knowledge of different design applications is required.
- HVAC, 6 Sigma/Lean, and 3D CAD experience preferred.
- Must be a hand-on practical engineer with the ability to solve complex Electronic Control problems quickly and effectively.
- Possess Good knowledge and understanding of fundamental principles of Electronic Control Components & Electronic Control Issues in the HVAC
- Possess Good knowledge in Wiring Diagrams and Serial Plate.
- Possess excellent communication skills including oral and written abilities
- Must be results-oriented and work with a sense of urgency
Possess Good knowledge in the safety standards such as UL1995 and IEC60335.
Must be able to work in all products (Split, Package, Commercial, PTAC) for both New & Sustained Products
Must be able to lead, direct and plan well using good interpersonal skills
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities