Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design Engineer - Refrigeration
at Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
- Job ID
- College Graduates
- Bachelor's Degree
Houston-based Goodman is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products is looking for a Refrigeration Design Engineer to be located at DTTP in Waller, TX supporting Light Commercial products. This will be working design projects to improve the safety, quality, and cost of existing light commercial products as well as new product development. Engineer will also help support production with design issues as needed. Apply at http://careers.daikincomfort.com
- Develop robust refrigeration systems for Light Commercial products to meet requirements from Marketing, DOE, ASHRAE, Marketing, and others.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans to validate customer requirements (both internal and external) with respect to Light Commercial Products.
- Manage multiple design projects (mix of existing product and new product development) from inception to production focusing on cost, quality, and delivery.
- Develops and manage project schedules related to modification of existing product designs and new product development as applicable.
- Participates on cross functional teams to launch new product, make product modifications, resolve issues, and support product improvements.
- Assists with defining project scopes and timing.
- Defines and implements continuous improvement opportunities, lean initiatives, and design for manufacturing (DFM) tools.
- Leverages engineering analytical tools (e.g., tolerance stacks, FE, and CFD analyses) to facilitate product design.
- Assists with product design documentation including bills of materials, cost analyses, drawings, and engineering change requests.
- Supports agency certifications for both safety (UL, ETL) and performance (DOE, AHRI).
- Works with suppliers to improve quality and resolve product issues.
- Mentors other team members.
- Takes direction from manager.
- Works within well defined instructions.
- 0-3 years of expereince. Any work with product design, preferably HVAC or other refrigeration systems is a plus
- Expert knowledge of refrigeration and/or air conditioning design and application.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of mechanical design theory and practice.
- Knowledge of specifications and standards used in the HVAC industry (preferred).
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Design for six sigma certification (preferred).
- Effective communication skills - both oral and written.
- Effective project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.