Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Bachelor's Degree
Did you know? Daikin is the world's #1 manufacturer of air conditioners and refrigerants and provides the North American market with a full range of residential and commercial HVAC products leveraging its advanced core technologies for refrigerant control, inverters and heat pumps. Located just outside of Houston, Texas, the Daikin Texas Technology Park allows Daikin to consolidate manufacturing, engineering, logistics, marketing and sales in a 4.2 million square feet state-of-the-art manufacturing and business campus. We can fit 74 football fields with their end zones inside our building!
WORK WITH A LEADER
As a family of brands backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd., Daikin, Goodman, Motili, and Quietflex bring innovation and value to indoor comfort products and services—but we can’t do it alone. Be a part of our team! Our goal is simple: to help customers live, play, and work comfortably indoors. But while we’re delivering industry-leading indoor comfort products and services to our customers—we’re also committed to helping our employees thrive, too. In fact, the success of our employees is what helps define our success as an organization. That’s why we instill a culture of training, mentorship, and opportunity. Here, our work runs on collaboration, and our people have the confidence to ask questions, challenge ideas, and solve problems in unexpected ways. As part of our family of brands, our team members have immense opportunity to grow—and the confidence of working in a strong and expanding industry.
Seeking a career and not just a job? Daikin is looking for graduating students to join our Accounting team full time. We focus on partnering with the Business Unit Controller, providing focused support to the Operating Team and personnel, providing fundamental analysis of standards, BOM’s, inventory, expenses, assets, material, labor, overhead, scrap and special projects. No small task for an organization of this size. For example, we watch fluctuations of global metal markets closely and utilize the information in our forecasting and hedging strategies. A ‘mere” pennies/lb. swing on the commodities price could have millions of dollars impact in the company because the sheer volume we consume each year.
Entry level full time hires would rotate through several positions designed to provide the knowledge and background required to accept future Controller and Management opportunities. Successful students would have the following skills: business minded and customer focused, data analysis, problem solving, time management, detail oriented, proactive, and team work
- Measure, analyze, and develop metrics to aid in improving efficiency and effectiveness. Provide insight for specific improvements in plant material, labor, overhead, scrap, floor planning, inventory levels, staffing, etc. to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the plant.
- Inventory Accuracy: Reconcile and maintain accurate inventory records within the scope of the Plant Operations.
- Special Projects, Ad Hoc Analysis, and Reporting
- Fixed Asset Accounting:
- Assist project leaders with preparing capital requests including cost justification.
- Monitor and report on project status and spending versus plan.
- Ensure accurate fixed asset records are maintained.
- Policy, Procedure & General Operational Review:
- Ensure adequate controls and procedures.
- Assist Operations in performing audits and maintaining controls.
- Monitor compliance and provide corrective support as it relates to internal audit.
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Responsible for working with plant personnel in preparing the annual budget, along with weekly forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (Master’s in Accountancy a plus)
- 0-3 years level of Accounting or related experience
- Plant or Operations experience preferred
- Cost Accounting background a plus
- Inventory experience a plus
- Auditing or governance experience a plus
- Accounting or Finance professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, etc.) preferred
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.