Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CAD Engineer / Engineer Design 2
at Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Design Engineering
- Associate's Degree
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our CAD Engineer position. Develop detailed design and specifications in 3D modeling and 2D layouts for new and existing HAC products by using Computer Assisted Design (CAD) software. Ensure the fit by performing tolerance stack-up and assist project and sustaining Engineers to release Engineering changes. May oversee assembly and tests of Engineering prototypes to understand the design changes based upon the outcome. Communicate with manufacturing to ensure the form of design. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submitting your resume.
- Concept designs.
- CAD modeling 3D and 2D Layouts by using Creo 2.0 or Solid Edge ST4.
- Capability of Design for Manufacturability
- Ensure Fit and Form of new and existing design
- New and existing product design for HVAC products
- Supporting Engineering change from BOM and drawings standpoint
- Attention to details while creating new designs and working with Bill of materials.
- Tolerance Stack up analysis.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
- Interpersonal skills to coordinate with cross functional teams
- Managing the resolution of CAD related issues and tasks
- Revising, editing, and updating changes to drawings based on revised sketches, notes, drawings, and verbal instruction
- Being involved in troubleshooting/problem solving on constructability/design issues
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in CAD design or Mechanical Design Engineering
- 5-7 years experience
- Broad product design engineering knowledge
- Proficiency in Creo 2.0/4.0 (Pro-sheet metal, pro-piping & solid modeling)
- Knowledge of solid edge ST4/ST9 is plus
- Key words: Pro-e Wildfire or Creo, Intralink, CETOL, Solid edge, tolerance analysis, value engineering & ECR/ECN.
- Experience in product design and engineering change process
- Experience in manufacturing & fabrication methods
- Experience with Bill of material structures
- Excellent Communication Skills - Written & Verbal
- Computer Skills Particularly MS Office, E-mail, Internet
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities