Godiva Chocolatier Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Coordinator - Houston, TX
at Godiva Chocolatier Inc
Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
Click “Apply” to get a taste of how sweet a career at Godiva could be.
This part time position is responsible for the effective merchandising and marketing of Godiva products at customer retail locations.
Specifically, the position will:
- Ensure that all assigned accounts are in compliance with Godiva’s “Gold Standard” of merchandising. Make the necessary changes to gain compliance as required. Create a superior “in-store” presence through effective merchandising.
- Introduce point of sale merchandising props and signage. Secure additional floor space, outpost locations and merchandising space to increase brand awareness
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels and stock rotation.
- Check/clean all fixtures ensuring operational effectiveness.
- Check for damaged product and freshness of product. Completed associated paperwork.
- Conducts product demonstrations/samplings at assigned accounts
- Establish positive relationships with all levels of store personnel, always representing Godiva’s brand image and dedication to customer service.
- Make weekly visits
- Help coordinate and supervise SIS and participate in some store events.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- At least 1 year previous related experience within a marketing/merchandising environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Merchandising experience a must
- Territory: Houston, TX
- Travel expenses: Mileage will be reimbursed
- Accounts: various retail stores in area as assigned
- Hours: approx. 873 hours per year (Part Time)
- Schedule: Flexible
Competitive hourly rate
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries.
Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
Why us? If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.