Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist, Internal Audit
at GHD Group
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents.
Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of over 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
GHD is currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven Specialist, Internal Audit to join our firm. As part of the global Internal Audit team, this role will be responsible for implementing GHD's risk-based Internal Audit strategy across the organization's global operations, but will be strategically based in North America. We are flexible on location, based out of one of our GHD offices within the North America region.
This role is perfect for an experienced internal audit professional who is excited for the challenge of joining a dynamic and evolving Internal Audit team and wants to be part of growing a business-critical function for a multi-national professional services organization.
- Assist with developing and growing the Internal Audit function within GHD's North American operations, which includes the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Support the monitoring of internal controls and compliance obligations in order to provide assurance to GHD's Board Audit Committee.
- Provide meaningful analysis that drives business insight and assist with the interpretation and resolution of business challenges.
- Work collaboratively with the global Internal Audit team in order to plan, schedule, scope and execute internal audit activities in line with the approved Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Represent and develop the Internal Audit brand within the business by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with various levels of management and senior leadership.
- Assist with quarterly reporting to the Board Audit Committee
- Assist with investigations related to suspected or actual instances of fraud and/or breaches with GHD's Integrity Management Policy.
- Contribute to the mentoring, training and development of Internal Audit team members.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 6 – 8 years of experience in public practice and/or private industry, with demonstrated experience and knowledge of internal audit, risk and internal controls. Preference given to candidates with Big 4 experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- Candidates who possess one or more of the following professional designations will be highly regarded:
o Chartered Accountant / Chartered Professional Accountant (CA-CPA);o Certified Internal Auditor (CIA);o Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Excellent understanding of internal audit methodology and risk management techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and stakeholder management capabilities. The ability to interact and build relationships with various levels of management in disparate geographies is critical.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to plan, prioritize, organize and remain productive with minimal supervision and while working independently is critical for success.
- Superior time management skills with the ability to deal with multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) with the ability to efficiently analyze and manipulate data within Excel
- The following skill sets are highly regarded but not mandatory:
o Experience with data analytics tools such as ACL, IDEA, SAS, SPSS, Tableau, Microsoft Access or similar databases;o Familiarity with ERP and/or project management software;o Oral and written proficiency in French or Spanish.
- The ability to accommodate a moderate to extensive amount of travel, both domestic and international, is essential
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.