Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Environmental Remediation Engineer
at Geosyntec Consultants
Geosyntec is growing and we are looking for an Experienced Environmental Remediation Engineer for our Houston, Texas office. Our ideal candidate would have between four and six years of experience with contaminated site assessments and remedial design and implementation. If you’re looking for a place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals as you move to the next stage of your career? Some of the key responsibilities for this Experienced Environmental Remediation Engineer position include:
- Fieldwork including multi-media environmental sampling, sediment sampling and characterization, drilling oversight, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations, maintenance, and construction;
- Preparing site assessment reports, developing site conceptual models, performing remedial alternative evaluations, preparing remedial design and costing, and installing remedies (including operation and optimization); Evaluating and designing landfill leachate treatment systems;
- Vapor intrusion investigations, mitigation system designs, and system operation and maintenance (including data evaluation and report writing);
- Data analysis, including preparing maps and figures using GIS/Environmental Visualization Software (EVS) applications, and database management;
- Task and project management (as appropriate relevant to the candidate’s level of experience), including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects;
- Mentoring junior staff; and
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 30%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in environmental, civil, or chemical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental engineering. (preferred)
- At least 4 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment (TXGC preferred), and experience working on contaminated sites. (required)
- Experience with site assessment and remediation for one or more of the following: chlorinated volatile organic compounds (including dense non-aqueous phase liquid), per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, hydrocarbons (including light non-aqueous phase liquid), pesticides, herbicides, and metals. (required)
- Remedial alternative evaluation and remedial design experience with multiple remedial technologies including (but not limited to): bioremediation, air sparging, excavation, large diameter auger, heating technologies, etc. (required)
- Multi-media sampling experience including monitoring well sampling, soil sampling, surface water sampling, and sediment sampling. (required)
- Experience with multiple drilling methods including direct push technology, hollow stem augur, and sonic. (required)
- Project experience involving environmental regulatory compliance, historical research, and environmental assessment. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Detailed understanding of TCEQ and USEPA regulations. (required)
- Professional certification (P.E., or equivalent) , or the ability to obtain the same in Texas within one year of hire. (required).
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: EXPER02077