General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
GDIT is seeking a Veterinarian in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, Texas.
- Develop and conduct protocol-driven scientific research addressing various aspects of military medicine, including, but not limited to: hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, biomedical systems, and bioassay development.
- Provide support for writing protocol-driven research proposal, animal use protocol, , technical report, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Evaluate data sets (provided by the government and collected by the contractor).
- Develop presentation materials, research Standard Operating Procedures, and present findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Perform study procedures in accordance with IACUC and animal use regulations.
- Set-up experimental equipment and ensure study staff are trained for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal use protocols.
- Provide support in development of establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Serve as an advisor to contract personnel.
Masters Degree in a scientific discipline.
Preferred - DVM with 1+ years of experiencem and Laboratory Animal board certified or eligible.
10-15 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.