Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Tax Accountant
at G&A Partners
G&A Partners - Houston / Headquarters
# of openings:
Payroll Tax Accountant
For over 20 years, G&A Partners has been helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses, take better care of their employees, and enjoy a higher quality of life by providing proven HR solutions and technology. A growing, Houston-based professional services firm, G&A Partners is currently seeking a Payroll Tax Accountant to join its Accounting & Finance team at the corporate office located in Houston, Texas.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available to include health benefits and 401(k), recognition awards and bonuses and the opportunity to work for a highly respected and award-winning company.
- Assist Tax Manager in managing payroll taxes for all G&A companies and client companies.
- Work with Risk department in determining correct set up of an employee.
- Work with Implementation team to determine what tax info is needed for client setup.
- Communicate payment amounts daily to Accounts Payable and communicate with Treasury for upload of credit payment to bank.
- Upload the federal tax payments using Batch EFTPS software daily.
- Upload Payroll Tax Summary files into MasterTax daily.
- Make Federal tax payments daily.
- Research employee set up when a new tax code is brought into MasterTax.
- Notify Payroll Consultant when an error in EE coding.
- Make credit (bank upload) payments.
- Oversee and help with withholding tax payments and monthly filings.
- File for new tax accounts needed.
- Get client account application instruction, forms etc.
- Register ASO in EFTPS batch software.
- File monthly Illinois UI reporting.
- Prepare IC-134 for clients.
- File 941’s for ASO clients.
- File state UI for ASO, GA accounts and client reporting accounts.
- File state withholding quarterly returns and/or balance taxes paid each quarter.
- Respond to all employment tax agency notices.
- Code reimbursement checks and give to Accounting Manager for deposit.
- Projects: currently working on converting withholding accounts to credit payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting and 1-2 years of payroll tax accounting experience.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within payroll tax accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent people, customer service and organizational skills.
- Extremely detail oriented and focused on completion and follow up.
- Strong collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Ability to multi-task and take on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.