Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at G&A Partners
G&A Partners - Houston / Headquarters
# of openings:
For over 20 years, G&A Partners has been helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses, take better care of their employees, and enjoy a higher quality of life by providing proven HR solutions and technology. A growing Houston-based professional employer organization (PEO), G&A Partners, is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join its team at the corporate office located in Houston, Texas.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available to include health benefits and 401(k), recognition awards and bonuses and the opportunity to work for a highly respected and award-winning company.
Summary - Accountable and responsible for all aspects of quality payroll service for clients. Contact and assist clients in the process of obtaining information for payroll production and tax related issues; verify totals, respond to and resolve client questions and concerns while delivering quality customer service.
- Act as the payroll subject matter expert for assigned client base.
- Accurately and timely, process all aspects of multi-state payrolls for assigned client base.
- Mentor clients on payroll related best practices.
- Maintain employee and client master file data.
- Provide unsurpassed customer service to all clients.
- Provide on-going training and education to clients regarding the PEO service model and technologies.
- Document client processes and requirements according to company guidelines.
- Contact clients daily to obtain payroll data including salary adjustments, special payments, taxes and employee deductions.
- Maintain a high rate of client retention through quality service.
- Stay abreast of federal and state regulations and changes that impact payroll.
- Research and resolve client inquiries.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with clients and coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree or equivalent and two years’ experience processing high-volume multi-state payroll; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience processing multiple payrolls for an assigned client base is preferred, preferably within a PEO setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Payroll certification is desired but not required.
- HR Pyramid (HRP) experience is desired but not required.