Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Support Engineer
at G&A Partners
G&A Partners - Houston / Headquarters
# of openings:
IT Support Engineer
The primary function of IT Support Engineer position is to achieve and exceed Department SLAs by performing operation and maintenance of IT systems in a professional manner. The IT Support Engineer will monitor key systems for optimal performance and they will perform scheduled and ad-hoc preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance with organizational policies and industry best practices. This position will be the primary support contact for MS Windows Servers, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, Security patches and Antivirus Software and other systems as they may be assigned. This position will also be responsible for maintaining Desktop SOE (Standard Operating Environment) and software patch testing and deployment. The IT Support Engineer will work closely with the IT Helpdesk technicians to handle escalations and will assist other team members as needed.
Secondary duties include operation and support of systems such as VMware, Cisco/Meraki networking equipment, NAS and SAN servers, audio/visual equipment and VoIP Phone servers. IT Support Engineer will work with other team members to ensure smooth operation.
IT Support Engineer will work with cross-department teams to provide technical assistance and support to clients in relation with the installation and maintenance of timeclocks. The IT Support Engineer will work with System Administrator to assist with systems monitoring and proper operation of backups, access control, performance monitoring etc. to ensure peak system performance at all times.
Key areas of responsibility include Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policies, Software and patch testing and deployment, antivirus software deployment and maintenance, Network and System Monitoring, Software and patch testing and deployment, LAN/WAN performance monitoring and troubleshooting. Secondary areas of responsibility include monitoring and operation of MS Azure, Amazon AWS and VMware vSphere.
Strong knowledge and understanding of Windows Server OS and related technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies, Windows Desktop OS, MS Office 365, LAN/WAN and other popular enterprise applications is required.
Occasional travel may be required to visit remote G&A offices or clients.
- Identify and troubleshoot complex hardware/software problems.
- Draw upon their experience to work on assignments with a goal to reach and exceed individual and department KPIs
- Must be able to accommodate occasional flexible work schedule to meet the work needs
- Ensure all assigned systems are maintained in top shape by performing routine health checks and preventive maintenance.
- Assists the supervisor/team lead in planning and execution of long-term IT strategy.
- Designated member of BCP (Business Continuity Plan) team and will be required to participate in the event BCP is activated.
- Prioritize and handle assigned IT helpdesk case queue to provide systematic support to internal and external clients
- Act as an escalation point for IT Helpdesk Support.
- Use sound judgment and discretion to provide exceptional customer service and attain customer satisfaction.
- Assist other team members in joint tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting the KPIs within areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally work as after-hour/holiday support contact.
- Maintain technical knowledge and professional aptitude by attending workshops, professional training and certifications.
- Customer Focused – Everything we do at G&A is about improving customer.
- Tactful – Be able to handle tough situations while maintaining composure.
- Communication skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Phone Manners – Exceptional telephone manners required and the ability to handle all types of customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Attention to Detail – Attention to detail is a must and the selected candidate will be expected to follow established processes.
- Team Player – We are small IT team and thus we help each other. A team-player personality will fit right in and we would love that too.
- Fitness – The position requires ability to lift and move heavy equipment with or without assistance, crawl under desks, work in cold server room(s) so good health and fitness is highly desirable.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or relevant certificates such as MCSE/CCNA
- Minimum 5-year current experience in a similar position.
- Requires visual acuity, speech and hearing.
- Ability to manage occasional work outside normal business hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays.
- BS or Associates Degree in Information Technology preferred
- Certificates such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSE, CCNA highly desirable
- Minimum five years’ experience performing similar duties.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, time and attendance and presentation software.
- Proficient in customer support skills.
- Exceptional network troubleshooting skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable