Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Manager - Group 9 Southwest Region - Houston, TX
at Follett Corporation.
Responsible for providing leadership for managing all functions for multiple college bookstores within a group, including establishing budgets, financial goals, service levels and policy administration to store managers on campus with students, faculty, and staff.
Oversees the sales, service, merchandising, and operations of a number of retail stores in a geographic area. Implements the strategy, goals and objectives to drive sales and profit. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Follett systems and strategies (Included Program, Academic Tools, System Integrations, and etc.), the industry and the competitive landscape in order to execute initiatives, drive profitable sales and control expenses.
Motivate and empower associates through strong communication, change managements and clear direction in order to maintain alignment with strategic direction. Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, Marketing, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic Competencies.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for full cycle talent management, to include recruiting, training, coaching and talent development. Work to identify key talent to support talent pipeline. Ensure effective performance management and maintain a culture of accountability. Develop cross-functional teams of engaged associates with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and business results.
- Visits with key campus constituents, as well as the campus contact multiple times per year to maintain an open, positive, and ongoing relationship. Works closely with the business contact at store campus locations to keep them informed of Follett business strategies and specific store performance. Presents Follett programs and initiatives to multiple campus stakeholders including provost, athletic department, admissions and alumni.
- Visits stores to inspect their merchandise and inventory position ensuring procedures are enforced and policies adhered to. Provides guidance in the identification and resolution of issues that require a higher level of decision-making. Create and maintain a culture focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Analyzes financial performance of stores and the region as a whole. Analyzes data to project sales and determines store performance. Develops strategies to meet overall financial budgets. Develops a regional budget based on each store manager's budget and establishes sales and profit goals with each store manager. Keeps abreast of sales and store payroll and puts action plans in place for budget goal achievement.
- Maintain consistent communication with store managers on programs, operational improvements and policy and procedural changes. Monitors key operational areas such as, security and asset protection standards, markdowns and markups to ensure they are within company guidelines.
- Maintain a hassle free atmosphere driving the Follett culture, which includes resolving all escalated concerns from guests, faculty, vendors, facility-related concerns, and back of house.
- Plays key role in the transition of new stores and the closure of stores due to loss of contract.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Based in Houston, Texas - Required
- 7+ years of big box or large multi unit retail management experience.
- 5+ years of multi-store management at a District Manager or multi unit level.
- Academic retail experience a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Advanced relationship building, a demonstrated ability to influence a team and customer outreach.
- Intermediate computer proficiency; MS Office, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Travel necessary to facilitate store transitions, inventory, and other job duties.