Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director I, Estimating
at Fluor Corporation
Director I, Estimating
City (or Nearest City)
This position provides technical and strategic direction for Estimating. This position has the responsibility to act as a corporate or intra-corporate expert on Estimating methods, procedures, systems, and the development of historical information. Budgets and capital expenditures, within defined limits, may also be the responsibility of this position. This position requires frequent interface with Estimating functional leadership, project personnel, engineers, “persons most knowledgeable” in support functions and estimating members. This individual must also be able to direct a staff of estimating professionals on mega-sized projects. And as a leadership role, this position requires mentoring less experienced estimators and promoting innovation, creativity, benchmarking, and problem solving.
• Direct all activities with respect to estimate quality, execution, planning, staffing, consistency, and systems training
• Support and interface with business unit management in the preparation of proposals in areas specific to cost and benchmark to previous proposals with information of deliverables consistent to other similar projects
• Present and sell an estimate to management and the client with authority and credibility
• Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities, and timely performance feedback
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year Engineering degree or construction management or global equivalent and twenty (20) years of project controls, construction, contracts, estimating, change management, or construction supervision experience
• Experience as a Department Manager
• Experience with Aspentech Capital Cost Estimator
• Minimum of five (5) years of field experience, preferably in project controls, construction, contracts, estimating, change management, or construction supervision
• Should be knowledgeable about both Lump Sum and Cost Reimbursable estimating
• Should be knowledgeable about both Self-Perform and Construction Management Execution
• Should be knowledgeable about internal Cost Systems, Progressing Systems, and Project Status Reports
• Be recognized as a leader and functional expert in the following areas: Direct Field Costs, Indirect Field Costs, Fluor Services Costs, Escalation, Selling an Estimate, Benchmarking and Unit Rates for Key Commodities, Currency Fluctuation, Tax & Insurance costs, Performance Bonds & Letter of Credit costs, Estimate Plan, Basis of Estimate, Input and Use of Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF), Use of Allowances, Cost Contingency, Global Pricing Model, Productivity Worksheets, Craft Mix and Crew Mix, Expatriate Policy Costs, Data Analyst, Comparison Analyst, Input into and Use of Historical Data (EMS – Experience Management System), Procurement including a comprehensive understanding of Purchase Order and Budget Quotations
Other Job Requirements
• Stay abreast of current estimating or industry techniques/solutions by learning and/or sharing of knowledge and skills through the numerous opportunities provided by professional organizations, vendors, clients, and other estimating professionals in the industry
• Be knowledgeable or aware of Procurement’s “Procurement Action – Request for Proposal” (PARP) and “Procurement Action - Request for Quotation” (PARQ) work processes
• Convert any estimate into the format required for developing a Global Pricing Model
• Should be mobile and willing to take temporary and/or long term assignments for career enhancement opportunities
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.