Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Flowserve is looking for an experienced Manual Machinist to machine, inspect and produce manufactured high energy pumps and decoking parts products per engineering drawings, operating procedures and instructions.
This is second shift (Monday-Friday 2:00PM-10:00PM)
This Flowserve facility is a Quick Response Center
- Located near Lamar University
- Air-conditioned facility
- PPE Safety Equipment provided
- Tools Provided Onsite
DAY TO DAYRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibit behavior that encourages teambuilding, decision-making, problem solving, and continuous improvements. Ability to machine a variety of metals such as 300 and 400 series stainless steels, Inconel 625 and 718, carbon steel, etc.
- Fabricate tooling and hardware as a part of continuous improvement of the facility Coordinate with sales, operations, engineers, and customers as necessary.
- Complying with all Flowserve policies and procedures and follow pre-job brief and all check lists prior to machining a part.
- Follows all routers and machining procedures Machine parts using manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses.
- Ability to work efficiently within fixed time windows for each machining process.
- Ability to hold tolerances within .0005" Inspect parts using micrometers, gages, etc.
- Working safely and helping colleagues work safely.
- Displays a thorough understanding of Daily Accountability Process. Ensure individual performance supports the QRC’s efforts at maintaining performance standards in the areas of safety, cost of scrap, and on time performance.
Auto req ID
Job Posting Category
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve.
As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety.
Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Primary Posting Location
Beaumont, Texas US
- Computer skills, including MS Office applications.
- Able to work on feet for majority of day and lift 50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of manual machining experience in a manufacturing or repair environment operating manual engine lathes,milling machines and/or horizontal boring machines.
- Must have personal set of tools, micrometers, hand grinders, and roll-around tool box.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, able to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Must be able to work overtime hours including weekends and holidays.