First Continental Mortgage, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Mortgage Loan Underwriter
at First Continental Mortgage, Ltd.
- 02-Oct-2019 to 01-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Are you highly motivated, experienced, and passionate about the mortgage industry? Do you want to be a part of an organization with a philosophy of investing in its employees and promoting within its ranks? Are you seeking the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of mortgage professionals? If you answered yes to these questions, come join our team.
Here at First Continental Mortgage (FCM) and affiliates, we all share a common purpose to help families realize the American Dream of owning a home!
FCM is a full-service, FNMA, HUD and VA approved national mortgage lending firm headquartered in Houston, Texas for over 25 years with locations in several states. We specialize in partnering with home builders as well as retail production.
FCM and/or its Affiliates is currently seeking highly motivated, qualified individuals to fulfill the role of Sr. Mortgage Loan Underwriter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Underwrite FHA, VA, Conventional conforming and Conventional non-conforming mortgage loans following company, investor, and government standards
- Evaluate the credit history, employment history, and financial status of mortgage loan files to determine credit worthiness in compliance with the guideline requirements
- Analyze loan documentation such as credit reports, verifications of employment, paystubs, verifications of deposit, tax returns, bank statements, appraisals, and all other supporting documentation provided.
- Insure compliance with federal agencies including FNMA, FHLMC, HUD, and VA
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Senior level Underwriter with a minimum 5 years experience underwriting FHA/VA/Conventional conforming and non-conforming mortgage loans
- DE/VA LAPP/SAR designations required
- Knowledgeable in investor overlay and researching such guidelines
- Excellent appraisal analysis skills
- Knowledge of current FNMA, FHLMC, HUD, VA, and investor guidelines
FCM offers a competitive benefits package upon completion of required eligibility periods including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, supplemental life, long term disability, supplemental insurance (i.e. accident, cancer,), 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
FCM and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers