Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Sales Manager - Texas Central
at Exact Sciences
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The field-based Area Manager is responsible for leading a team of territory managers within a designated area in a Region. The Area Manager is responsible for the effective promotion of Exact Sciences’ products to physicians, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), Multi-Specialty clinics and other health care providers within the designated area. The Area Manager will recruit, train, coach, lead and provide performance management for the Professional Medical Representatives in addition to directly promoting Exact Sciences’ products.
This position is field based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully manage 8+ direct reports including the recruitment and selection of highly qualified Professional Medical Representatives, ensuring effective training and development of the sales force and providing coaching and ongoing performance management of the team.
- Travel with direct reports in order to observe and provide training and coaching.
- Through area team, successfully forecast and achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Manage the assigned area’s sales targets and maintain ongoing reporting of progress with management team.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and team operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate information is shared and collaboration within and outside of the team is taking place.
- Responsible for ensuring sales force compliance in all Quality, Regulatory and Company policies and guidelines.
- Proactively identify and build strong relationships with key thought leaders and decision makers in area.
- Demonstrate effective leadership; drive effective performance through coaching, motivating and inspiring team of territory managers; provide clear expectations, ongoing feedback and opportunities for continuous development.
- Collect ongoing customer insights, market trends and competitive data from sales force and communicate to leadership and peers.
- Leverage up-to-date product and technical expertise to effectively present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
- Ensure the effective use of sales process and approved product marketing and product promotion material by regional sales force.
- Leverage Medical Science Liaisons, Key Account Managers and other Company resources as necessary to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to create a competitive differentiation and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Effectively manage open territories while recruiting for new personnel should a territory be vacated within designated area.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel approximately 60% of working time within designated area and some travel outside of area as needed for regional or national leadership meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education level.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales role in a medical, healthcare or technical field.
- 1+ year of experience in a leadership capacity (this can include previous supervisory experience, serving full time in a training role, completing stretch assignment within Exact, serving as a new hire mentor, or active participation in a champion role).
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Maintenance of automobile insurance to satisfy any applicable state or local requirements with liability limits of at least $250,000 per person, $500,000 per accident, and $100,000 in property damage per accident (250/500/100).
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Preferred experience selling and/or leading a sales team in primary care physician office or OB/GYN practice settings.
- Experience in a sales leadership role.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Willingness to relocate.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.