Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineering Specialist
at Ethyl Corporation
Manage budget and schedule for capital projects to ensure project deliverables and expectations are met. Accountable for all engineering and construction activities for assigned projects.
- Complete Capital Appropriation Requests to get projects approved.
- Work with Process Design Engineer to develop scope of work and get approval.
- Insures that Safety is the project’s number 1 priority and that the project safety plan is developed and communicated.
- Works with site HSSE lead to obtain necessary permitting and ensure all PHA action items are addressed during the project cycle.
- Manage and obtain estimates during the various phases of the project cycle.
- Develop milestone engineering and construction schedules for the project.
- Reports on project status via monthly written reports.
- Reviews and approves requests for change orders and submits them to the Project Leadership Team.
- Establishes the SAP Work Breakdown Structure for the project for effective project cost flow, management, and final asset settlement.
- Issues and approves Requisitions for purchase of materials and labor services for all capital projects
- Works with the Project Leadership Team to establish a project management of change procedure for the project and sees that it is strictly adhered to after project approval.
- Works with Plant Operations and Maintenance to ensure projects deliver on all aspects of cost, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with key project stakeholders, process design engineering, plant functions, discipline leads, business leads, finance, and purchasing.
- Closes out finished projects in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in petrochemical plant.
- Great Communication skills - both oral and written are needed
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Advanced engineering degree.