Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ethyl Corporation
Job Reference #: 1852
Manage budget and schedule for small capital projects and work orders. Accountable for all engineering and construction activities for assigned projects.
- Complete Capital Appropriation Requests to get projects approved.
- Develop scope of work on non-process related projects and get approval.
- Insures that Safety is the project’s number 1 priority and that the project safety plan is developed and communicated.
- Works with site HSSE lead to obtain necessary permitting.
- Manage and obtain estimates during the various phases of the project cycle.
- Develop milestone engineering and construction schedules for the project.
- Reports on project status via monthly written reports.
- Reviews and approves requests for change orders for review and submits them to the Project Leadership Team.
- Establishes the SAP Work Breakdown Structure for the project for effective project cost flow, management, and final asset settlement.
- Issues and approves Requisitions for purchase of materials and labor services for all capital projects
- Works with the Project Leadership Team to establish a project management of change procedure for the project and sees that it is strictly adhered to after project approval.
- Works with Plant Operations and Maintenance to ensure projects deliver on all aspects of cost, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with Executive Management, Construction Management, Specialized Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Project Controls, Finance and Contract Administration, purchasing, and the business.
- Closes out finished projects in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Great Communication skills - both oral and written are needed
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in an industrial/petrochemical plant