Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Equipment Depot
This position serves as an EHS Specialist providing support to each dealership for the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues. Support the Director of Safety in implementing the EHS excellence program throughout Equipment Depot.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Leads creation of EHS targets and objectives in support of corporate, regional and business group EHS strategic initiatives designed to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Identifies action-based EHS goals for leadership team members, functional managers and front-line leaders to support achievement of EHS targets and objectives.
- Manages completion of site and workstation-level risk assessments to identify and prioritize EHS aspects and hazards.
- Leads the deployment of EHS element champions and teams and facilitates their engagement in ownership of the activities required to maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- Manages the completion of a companywide annual evaluation of compliance with Federal, State, local and company EHS requirements.
- Manages development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required EHS training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Leads efforts to ensure that key EHS operational controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Provide functional knowledge of key EPA, OSHA regulations and industry standards (i.e.: record keeping, confined space, energy isolation, machine safeguarding, powered industrial trucks, electrical safety, hazardous communications, and industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Advise and assist managers and other company EHS professionals on EHS matters, including fact/data gathering, problem identification/resolution, offering objective assistance and guidance on EHS issues.
- Updating and maintaining the safety prequalification (PQF’s) systems and forms for our service and sales contracts.
- Ensure accident reports are complete and update information in the safety management database system.
- Complete safety audits and effectively follow up on corrective actions to address negative trends.
- Ensure required permits are identified, acquired and maintained.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the MSDS/SDS.
- Support in processing orders for safety products.
- Support in the safety committee programs.
- Champion and assist in health and wellness programs of events and functions.
- Travel required: 50-70% throughout the Gulf Region
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Minimum A.A.S in Environmental Health and Safety.
Experience: 5+ years’experience in Environmental Health and Safety with good influence skills.
Computer Skills: Microsoft office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Other skills: Prior experience in heavy machinery repair, material handling and/or construction rental industry preferred.
- Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things